Foundations Schools Department (FSD) is an exceptional place for your kids to thrive and grow. Your infants and toddlers will give you the most important information.
Foundations School Department (FSD) is an exceptional place for your kids to thrive and grow. Your toddlers and infants provide the most important information for every experience.
Now more than ever, researchers are confirming what we at Great Blessings have always known – children do their most important learning before the age of five. That’s why, in addition to lots of love and attention, everything we do at great blessings involves early childhood development
We begin with age-appropriate environments that encourage children to learn, play and explore. Books and blocks, puppets and paper, toys and tambourines – you name it. There are sticks for counting, seeds for planting and places for exploring. If you’re a young child, you’ll find an endless assortment of activities that engage your interest and stimulate your mind.
Most importantly, at the heart of every project and activity, there’s a specially trained educator and an age-appropriate curriculum to lead the way. Because children learn differently than adults, they need hands-on experiences and get-on-the-floor educators. They need warmth and attention. They need enthusiasm and encouragement. Most of all, they need the joy and challenge of doing it themselves. Because that’s what helps children learn and grow, and that’s our mission at Great Blessings
Our methods include:
i. Demonstration method
ii. Use of Visuals and video
iii. Play way method
v. Catching events are Trip to outer space, trip to a wild life park and teddy bear picnic.
Our teaching is Child Centered and so our evaluation is in four (4) categories as follows:
1. Pre-Test (First Assignment): This is given at the first week of resumption. A review of last term’s work and it’s done in the classroom
2. Project: This is the learner’s creativity and practical work that makes them discover and express their creative abilities and skills in arts, colours identification, thinking, phonics and mathematics. This is given after two to three weeks after resumption.
3. Quality Assurance Test One: This is given after four (4) weeks of resumption. Learners knowledge about topic presented in the scheme of work for the first three (3) weeks after resumption is tested on the fifth week with this QA test.
4. Evaluation: Examination is conducted at the end of the term.
Our Classes range from:
1. Hadassah babies (HB) where we have babies from 3 months to 12 months old
2. David creche infants (DTI) 12 months to 18 months
3. David Creche Toddlers (DCT) 18 months to 24 months
4. Joshua Playgroup (JPG) 24 months to 36 months
5. Foundation Plus (FP)
Each class has one educator and an assistant to facilitate the learners.
In FSD, we have a resource room with a resource personnel that provides all necessary ‘needs’ and ‘wants’ for the effectiveness of the department.
Our operating hours are as follows:
7:45am – 1:00pm
After School 1:00-5:00pm
The subjects offered in FSD include:
Math Skill, Language skills, Scriptures, Music, Handwriting, National value, Basic Science, Vocabulary, Health and Life Skills, Thinking skills and Nursery rhymes, Scribbling and colouring
Early childhood development is critically important. At GBCLC, our experienced educators and staff help facilitate this period of learning, and that is what separates us from traditional child care facilities.
If you’re ready for more information, we’d love for you to come visit us.
Our offer includes:
FSD Class Activities
Daily Activities experienced by our infants and toddlers are: drills on scriptures and bible confessions, nursery rhymes, language skills, math skills, handwriting, scribble and a lot more.
Both learners and educators are involved in these activities as we use a play way method to have fun while learning.
Early childhood years are great so we have designed our programs to give you complete confidence in every aspect of your child’s experience; from health and safety; to ready-for-school curriculum to the full support of experienced educators.
Our activities best prepares infants and toddlers for preschool…and all the big steps ahead.